Each year, an estimated 25 million containers of freight are transported via rail intermodal services. Intermodal rail typically involves the use of two different modes of transportation, commonly rail and trucking. When you need to ship your freight extended distances, our intermodal rail solutions can help you create savings and efficiencies.
At On Track Freight Systems, we can organize the transportation of your goods via rail in the most cost effective and efficient manner. Contact the On Track Freight Systems team of brokers today to get your freight On Track with intermodal solutions.
Why Choose On Track Freight Systems for Intermodal Rail Services?
By partnering with On Track Freight Systems for intermodal rail services for long distances, you’ll open the door to a vast range of key benefits, such as:
- Cost. Shipping via intermodal rail can create significant savings compared to over-the-road trucking service alone.
- Versatility and flexibility. Due to the comprehensive railroad network throughout the United States, you can confidently ship your freight from the Pacific to the Atlantic and anywhere in between.
- Lowered fuel costs. Shipping via rail can be more than twice as fuel efficient as shipping by truck alone. Railroads can move a ton of freight over 400 miles on a single gallon of fuel.
- Greener and more fuel efficient. When you ship by rail, it requires less fuel than road transportation alone. As a result, intermodal rail shipping can lower costs and help support any green initiatives your company may have. In fact, CSX reports that intermodal can be up to four times more efficient than trucking alone for long distances and heavy freight.
- Improved security and safety. Rail can be much safer than over-the-road trucking alone. Because a larger percentage of your freight will be on the non-stop journey, your cargo and freight are more secure.
Contact On Track Freight Systems for Nationwide Intermodal Rail Services
At On Track Freight Systems, our team will work closely with you to help you make the most informed and cost-effective decision. We’ll be with you and your freight from start to finish.
Contact us today to get your shipment On Track.